Soil and Environmental Chemistry
Soil and Environmental Chemistry, Second Edition, presents key aspects of soil chemistry in environmental science, including dose responses, risk characterization, and practical applications of calculations using spreadsheets. The book offers a holistic, practical approach to the application of environmental chemistry to soil science and is designed to equip the reader with the chemistry knowledge and problem-solving skills necessary to validate and interpret data.
This updated edition features significantly revised chapters, averaging almost a 50% revision overall, including some reordering of chapters. All new problem sets and solutions are found at the end of each chapter, and linked to a companion site that reflects advances in the field, including expanded coverage of such topics as sample collection, soil moisture, soil carbon cycle models, water chemistry simulation, alkalinity, and redox reactions. There is also additional pedagogy, including key term and real-world scenarios.
This book is a must-have reference for researchers and practitioners in environmental and soil sciences, as well as intermediate and advanced students in soil science and/or environmental chemistry.
- Includes additional pedagogy, such as key terms and real-world scenarios
- Supplemented by over 100 spreadsheets to migrate readers from calculator-based to spreadsheet-based problem-solving that are directly linked from the text
- Includes example problems and solutions to enhance understanding
- Significantly revised chapters link to a companion site that reflects advances in the field, including expanded coverage of such topics as sample collection, soil moisture, soil carbon cycle models, water chemistry simulation, alkalinity, and redox reactions
- Publisher : Academic Press; 2nd edition (6 Dec. 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 586 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0128041781
- ISBN-13 : 978-0128041789
- Dimensions : 7 x 10 in